Sunday, May 23, 2010

why i cry when i watch transformers 2...

it's not what you think...i actually love the sequel! i will probably love the next one, too! it's the signifigance of a reconstructed life (mine) and how Optimus Prime embodies change that brings the tears. I tried to explain it out loud a couple of times this week. Once to MDH, who knows I will rave and rant about anything that inspires me to tears and does a commendable job at following or attempting to follow said rants. I think mostly he nods yes and smiles at me so i think he's listening and possibly understanding. Then, I shared with some of fellow work friends. They all seem to be laughing on the outside of the joke that isn't a joke. Every once in awhile, i think LQ gets it, but I know I don't make sense to them.

The rant went something like this...Optimus makes this speech about our worlds working together blaha blah blah but really I hear we can make a difference, we can change things and what if small handfuls of people start small by cutting up there credit cards and stop relying on loans and credit and start building our own small worlds where bartering is acceptable and we trade for what we need. you need your house painted, we need veggies from your garden, instead of putting money out there, we trade and exchange. Soon, you have what you need and i stop wanting for things that aren't neccesary..it makes more sens e in my head, i guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment