Monday, July 19, 2010

creating time for creating...

I woke up this morning and felt a little lost. See, I have been kinda fuzzy when it comes to what I want to do with my days. I get up, make some coffee, smoke some cigarettes, make breakfast for everyone, clean up that breakfast, feed dogs and a cat, clean my home....some days I make a list. I go to the market, I wash and fold clothes- I almost never put them away..and what I long for is another 8 hours every day to do other things! I feel like summer is slipping thru my fingers and we never swim enough, ride bikes enough, or create enough.

Man, I put some pressure on myself. It is no big wonder I have a headache! So, I opened my email this morning- which I do in between breakfast and cleaning up breakfast :) and lo- two different emails about creativity- the God given gift that we all have. One about an article in Newsweek about bringing creativity back into curriculum in our schools and not just in the art room. The other, a devotional about feeling a lack of creativity when we aren't close to God.

I will spend time reading your blog about what you are doing to fill your days with creation, i will read magazine articles or go to see your creativity. But when it comes to mine, I may think another load of laundry trumps sewing today, but it really doesn't. I can do both if I just get off this electronic time sucker sitting on my kitchen counter. If i limit myself to how much time I will look at others masterpieces and devote some of that time to creating my own. And sharing that creativity with my family so my kids don't grow into the couch....










Proverbs 31:13, "She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment