Monday, August 9, 2010

i dream of...




a serger. a better way of giving my sewing projects a better life....

I have the most beautiful little machine, she will be 18 this year. A gift from my mother because "every girl needs a sewing machine.." maybe meant quit using mine or really, every girl does need a good sewing machine. i use her at least once a week and she is sturdy and dependable, but she doesn't have a serger. i like her stitches and even her moments when she spits thread back out at me as if she's laughing at my limited abilities. a serger would probably make her life a little easier and give me better options for things like....


a serger. a better way of giving my sewing projects a better life....

dolls for little girls...


...with matching dresses!





pillows for boys who won't wear dresses....


maybe even new kitchen curtains...


there just always seems to be something missing...like the handstitching makes crossbones look like arms...or maybe it's all just a little sideways. if i spent less time with my old machine, i could spend more time in iphoto, learning how to edit my blog posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment