Thursday, August 30, 2012



(Go ahead and say it...
where the heck have I been? 
Summer & life consumed my every thought & action. I swam & watched kids play, I sewed a little, I even did a couple of craft shows. I played some music. 
What I did not do is write here or share 
any of it with you...
That is changing as of today.
I need you.)

Have you ever had one of those days? 
The ones where your kid breaks out the window of a neighbor's mini van with his slingshot, 
which, in reality,
 is actually your slingshot?

How do you react?
I will tell you how I reacted.
It wasn't pretty. 
I yelled.
I said the "F" word.
I thought about the $200 it was gonna cost.
Then I thought about the things I wanted
 that $200 could buy.....
a keyboard amp!
a new serger!
a whole new wardrobe!

Then I knew I had screwed up.
My quick, angry reaction 
meant I had missed an opportunity
to teach my children
not to 
be
so quick
to anger

argh!

Today, I will try my very best not to 
yell 
scream 
stomp my feet.
I will do the laundry & the dishes with a happy heart because a wise friend once told me...
if you can't be happy washing the dishes,
you can't be happy.
I want to be happy.
So, I am.

Good news!
The Mitchells
are recording an album!
Here's a taste of what's to come...





Galatians 5:16-17, "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want." (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. As stated by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs less than us.

    (Just so you know, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    TAP this link to reveal if this little test can help you release your real weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete