Wednesday, June 10, 2009

i fall in love...

....everyday with something new! Luckily, my life continues to get better & I continue to grow...
here's what I fell in love with today. Phoenix! You can listen to it right now, if you are reading this! Except I'm pretty convinced not a single person on earth is because I have no idea how to add it to my myspace or FB pages. Anyhoo....

I also love Passion Pit, which I picked up at Shake It! Records , which I also love! I can't find Empire of the Sun, so I listen to it online..I also got DustySpringfield LP from Joseph Beth Booksellers!! (a little plug, since I work there!) They have a great new selection of vinyl! A lot of older jazz & indie, all the Pixies on vinyl! All at very good prices, even if you don't get a discount!:)

I bought some older stff, since I am replacing my vast cd collection that burnt up in my car 2 years ago. The empty cases sit in my basement and each week, I try to replace something. The Smiths the queen is dead and oh my god it's the flaming lips, OTR's first album, which I am playing the bajezus out of! Much to my families chagrin! Oh, and the Pain Teens, who I adore! Bliss Blood & Kat from Babes in Toyland are prob'ly my 2 fav female vocalists of allllll time!

I can't wait to play tomorrow night! Matt wrote the most amazing song and the lyrics are cool as heck! It sounds really good! One of those songs where he hands me the lyrics, he starts playing and the stars fall outta my eyes and into the vocals, it's magic and works right away, like snowflakes, like teardrops, natural, unforced and a handhold all at the same time! Love!

MDH got a new present- the new steve earle, which we will be enjoying over dinner tonight. Our kids are overexposed- today Hannah & will watched Odd Nosdam on youtube and the mayhem ensued! she is now obsessed with a naked baby having a baby with wings....Will is excited about the prospect of seeing the Poms play this summeron the square! I have to admit, I'm pretty excited myself! monday night with Ted Leo & the Pharmacists! It's gonna rock!

I told you, my life keeps getting better and better....

No comments:

Post a Comment