Monday, February 20, 2012


I am busy making things for Craft Menagerie...
my first embroidery pattern attempt!
 But Not too busy to attempt RG's embroidery patterns! You can find them over at imagine gnats!
 My intention was to have these done for VD, but it didn't quite happen that way. I love the patterns and her instructions are super simple, which is perfect for me. I also used the guides for stitches that she sent me from Wild Olive and 


just adorable! my stitches are a little rough, so I will keep practicing!
 So, for Valentines Day, I thought I'd use this huge box of old crayons we had to make some new, heart shaped crayons for Hannah's class. 


 I mistakenly thought the kids would think it was fun, but I lost them after peeling the paper off the crayons. 
Pre melt!

 I used silicone molds I got from Target (love those $1-5 bins!). The instructions are so simple. I love simple! I peeled the paper off the crayons, broke them up and put them in the molds. You have to overfill the molds a bit to get bigger crayons. then, pop them in a 250 oven for about 7-8 mins, just until they melt. Pull 'em out and cool them, then peel them out of the molds. Easy peasy! 
Cutey patootie!

Not edible- make sure you tell Kindergartners that. they WILL try to eat them!

So, that's what I was up to last week.
That and organizing Craft Menagerie!
If you haven't heard, go to our Facebook page and check us out! We'll be at Bockfest March 3rd from 11-4 pm. 
We have 20 incredible vendors!
All at Arnold's Bar and Grill, home of the greatest staff on earth! Seriously!
I was there Friday night to see the amazing Sassy Molasses and I can assure you, the food is delicious and the venue is awesome, but the very best part every single time is how nice the staff is! Now, go visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment