Monday, November 8, 2010

I have not posted in soooo long! but I feel like I am going to commit a couple of things to me...

I am super obsessed with making all the gifts I give for the Holidays myself....and repurposing pretty much everything. I look at piles of stuff and dream about what they could be turned into. So, I have fav blogs I follow and I can spend 2 hours browsing all my fav ideas and brand new ones. The time has come, tho, for some action! and some regrouping. So...my new commitment is 30 days of handmade, repurposed creations. If I can do one a day, I will have plenty of gifts to give, right? and maybe a feel good from making so much awesome stuff out of things we would have thrown away...

Firstly, tho...
I'm gonna need to clean up my work space and organize some stuff.

Then...
I have to not make everything all at once, which is very hard for me!
I am so known for starting 5 things and leaving huge messes for weeks on end.

Who am I kidding...months sometimes.
and
in the case of my awesome Halloween tree...2 years ! Yep- 2 years of moving it from the dining room to the basement to the backporch to the basement to the laundry room. My fam is so tired of looking at it,. I think we were all relieved when it was FINIS!



Really, I am baffled by how other people stay organized..it is the hardest of hard things for me to do. I make lists and piles...
starting today, I am going to do the things on my list, which means I have to simplify and not make the list irrationally. There are so many things I want to do, so maybe making half the list what I need to do to have a nice, clean house and then the fun things that are also for others. Half and half- that should do it!

Here are some great pictures of my awesome Haunted Yard! Halloween is so fun!



1 comment:

  1. That tree is pretty cool. Why didn't you tell me you had a blog?

    ReplyDelete