Thursday, December 1, 2011

I have a Dream..


As you know, I like to dream big! I follow God's will for me because it is the easiest route. Although it doesn't always look or feel easy, it just is. When he tells me to do something, I may have a question or two...I may even procrastinate or falter while doing it, but my life goes easy when I follow his lead. My best ideas have always gotten mediocre, subpar, undelicious, sometimes deadly results. I am no good on my own...but with God, all things are possible.
 I am obsessive! In everything I do, think, feel, I am passionate! I take risks, I dance on battlefields, I am not to afraid to stake a claim or voice a concern. Now, today, I have a dream. It centers around a piece of land and a beautiful old house that needs some serious love. I am willing to give that love, pour it in and watch it grow. So, I pray and I wait. God says hang on, you move so fast- this is a process, girl! Processes take time! 
 So, I pray and I Dream and I wait. God knows my heart, all he does is look at me- he sees everything! every fear, every hope, every fault, every gift.
He uses them to teach me things. I am learning patience. I am learning to wait.
If the Dream I have does not line up with the plan God has for us, well, my Dream will be just that. Sometimes, they are only Dreams. If God gets behind my dreams, they do come true. I have to struggle with that. Today, I feel really, really good about that. I am gonna sit still (not really, don't worry, I am working on your custom orders) and let God lead. Just in case, please don't buy my house. Have a look, it is so beautiful...if I thought you all could nudge on God for me, I'd ask. I know none of us can...

Jeremiah 29:11, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (NIV 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment