Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Entryway Makeover

I got really exhausted looking at our front entryway...


 Today, I decided to do something about it.
 We had this board full of old school hooks on our back deck for beach towels, but they just hang on it and get all smelly. 
 Naturally, I decided to repurpose it.
 See, we had a coat tree here, but it buckled under the weight of winter coats. Besides, where to put the mittens?
 So, as soon as the last kid was put onto the bus, I got out the drill/screwdriver that I charged last night. Yes, I have been thinking about this for awhile.
 I have all of my own tools now. MDH got tired of me using his, so I  he gave me my own set of hand me downs. I have my own screws, anchors, nails, hammer, even some power tools. I have my own level (it's big) and I am pretty handy. 
 Now, everyone has a hook for their coat, backpack and a space for their shoes. There's a basket for winter things. 
 I love my dining room! 
 There's my vintage industrial Singer, a sweet vintage vinyl chair I have had for many years. I got it in a thrift store in Toledo for $5. They actually had a furniture room where everything was $20 or less. I miss that store. 

I love our home! 
Now, if you could only see the other side of the room....
I better clean this mess up!
Hope your day is super awesome!

John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full." (NIV 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment